BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sunday Morning Musings

Sunday Mornings are the best mornings of the week. Everything just seems more calm, relaxed...serene. One of my favorite things about Sunday mornings when I lived in Michigan was turning on the radio to listen to a show called Sunday Morning Over Easy. They play the "B" sides of classic rock albums along with the older lesser played classics. Down here in Dallas they don't have anything like that but thanks to that wonderful thing called the internet, I can stream it in thru my computer. It's kinda funny because at work streaming media is blocked but somehow this is allowed through. Maybe the gurus who block us from all those bandwidth hogging sites like this stuff too and let it slip? Since I almost always work Sunday mornings these days, it's a nice comfort to having to be here. I wish every morning was a sunday morning. Life would be so much more relaxed and laid back. I remember waking up in Michigan in winter, turning on the radio to Over Easy, getting a warm drink and watching out the window as the snow blanketed the ground. I think even then I knew that those hours gave me a calmness inside that goes down to the depths of my consciousness.

0 comments: