BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Pork, the other tax.

Social Security, will it be there when I retire? I can tell you I don't plan on expecting it and I would venture to guess that if you asked most employed mid-life people they would say the same thing. I'm trying to make sure that my family's financial future will be secure when I retire. To wait for the government to fix the fiscal hole social security is quickly becoming is a fools gambit. The politicians are too busy figuring out new ways to inject pork projects into must pass bills because they believe that we elect them to swipe as much federal bounty as they can. The funny thing is, I would prefer a congressman who is honest when it comes to federal funds. Who do they think pays for all the pork? We do. So if congressman "Smith" attaches an amendment saying the government is to allot $100 million to measure and compare the amount of methane gas produced by grass fed and grain fed cows in the state of Texas, I still pay for that. Do they really believe that since I live in Texas and they procure that money for this project in my state I will cast my vote in their favor? Not likely. Imagine what could be accomplished if our congressional delegation all had the best interests of the United States as a whole in mind when they make decisions. An elected government representative is an honorable position, it's too bad we haven't elected many honorable people to fill that position.

0 comments: