BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Valentines Date

This year my wife Robin had the idea of taking the kids out for Valentines day to the bowling alley for some family fun. I wasn't exactly on board with the idea, but since I couldn't come up with a reasonable alternative I decided to go with it. What a great time we had! The place we went to had a kids option so when it was their turn to bowl, little gates popped up on the sides of the alley so the ball wouldn't go into the gutter. The place was under a blacklight so any white clothing seemed to glow. Little did I know that my wife can bowl pretty well. Well enough to smoke me in the first game. Sara would take the ball (with our help) walk up to the line, and give it a little toss that was more like a "drop with intent". The ball would take about 2 minutes to reach the pins and I thought on more than one occasion that it may just hit the pin and stop.
On the turns I helped her we would both crouch down after releasing the ball and help the ball down the alley by blowing as hard as we could. She loved the game and actually got 2 strikes. On one strike the pins fell so slowly the machine didn't register the strike (of course we corrected the score for her). Connor was getting better and better every time. He would switch from the lighter ball he shared with Sara to using Robin's ball because he wanted to be like us.
After the ball was on it's way down the alley he would dance and jump around. We played for 2 hours and the date was a great time for all. As for me, the date was a great time sharing the Day of Love with those I Love.

0 comments: