BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Walking the Dog...

Lately I've been trying to take walks with our beagle Maggie.  I wanted to get some exercise for me and well, she needed some too.  So lately we've been going for walks a couple of times a week.  We started out small with about a 30 minute walk and have gradually increased to an hour.  We have our route we like to take that keeps us at about an hour.  I'm not sure exactly how far it is but we go at a brisk pace, except for the pee breaks.  Seriously, how can that little dog contain so much pee that she is able to pee-mail so many messages to other dogs.  Luckily we've got it down to an agreement between us.  I let her lead out on the extendable leash in front and when she wants to pee-mail one of her friends she does it as I walk by and she catches up before the leash yanks me or her from our pace.  It works out pretty well.  We have a system.  A pee-greement.  A code between man and dog.  One thing I can't figure out is how does she not get dehydrated along the way.  Do her kidneys kick into overtime during walks?  Is there a special 2 gallon reservoir that she has only for leaving pee-mail?  It boggles my mind that she can go 8-192 times during one walk.  If I were to do something like that I'd be a withered twig when I got back, not to mention the legal ramifications.  Anyway, there you have it.  My dog can pee every 12 feet on a 2 mile walk.  Another amazing talent from Maggie the Wonder-Dog.

0 comments: