BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 09, 2010

My Mom-Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day!  On this special day I want to take time to recognize one of the most important people I know, my Mom.  Until I met my wife she was the most influential woman in my life.  As a child I remember many situations where even I didn't realize I was learning something from her, but as I look back I now know that I learned many things watching her.  A few things I learned from my Mom:
She taught me compassion by being compassionate with me.
She taught me patience by being patient with me.
She taught me respect by showing others respect.
She taught me perseverance by being strong in hard times.
She taught me self confidence by being supportive of me.
She taught me humility by being humble with others.
She taught me faith by being faithful to God.
She taught me sacrifice by doing for others first.
She taught me discipline by doing what is needed.
She taught me acceptance by accepting me through all my faults.
But most of all she taught me Love.  A Love that looks beyond shortcomings, a Love that is unconditional, a Love that allows me to Love others completely.  A Love that allows me to be a Father and Husband that my wife and kids can be proud of and my Mom can see herself in me.  When people say I'm just like my Mom, I always take that as a great compliment.

0 comments: