BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hugs, hugs and more hugs..

Lately my son Connor has been a daddy's boy. He loves to hang with me. I of course love this. He's a good boy and easy to hang with. But the shift I work has been hard lately. I used to work mornings so I was gone before he even got out of bed and I was home all night. Now on days he goes to school I either have to drive him and his sister to school or I don't get to see him and Sara all day. Lately, when he's home (We home school 2 days a week and he attends school 2 days) and I have to leave for work, he'll hug me 4-6 times before I get out of the door. He'll hug me when I grab my stuff and head to the door. Another one when I get to the door. Yet more when the door is open, another when I step outside and sometimes he'll even walk me to the car for 1-2 more hugs. It's not the kind of "cling to you" hug, it's a "I'll miss you hug and I want to hug you more so I'm with you longer" type of hug. It sure makes me feel good for all the affection yet another part wishes I was staying home because I know it's been hard on him. Eventually he'll grow out of this, but I won't mind if he takes his time. These are the things Mommies and Daddies love to have from their kids. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.


0 comments: