BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Left Brain Right Brain

So I get home late last night from the Plano Balloon Festival. We get the kids into bed, kisses goodnight, pack my lunch for work Sunday, and get some clothes ready. Since I have to wake up at 3:30am I want to have to do as little as possible to get ready for work so I can sleep until the very last minute before I have to get out of bed. I fall into bed a solid 10:30pm after I set the alarm for 3:30am. Then my left brain starts kicking in.... Dang! All of a sudden I don't feel sleepy. I feel like writing a book. Where did this come from?? I never really thought about writing a book! My left brain starts planning the opening of a book that I should someday write in my spare time. I contemplate getting up to write down my thoughts (who knows it could be a best seller) but decide against it, as doing so would only encourage that side of my brain to continue to act against my well-being. So there I lay, awake. It really wasn't too bad of a start for a new story. So why I ask myself?? Why is it that when I'm ready for sleep, needing sleep, wanting sleep, my left brain sees this as an opportunity to wrest control from my right brain and take my mind for a cruise? Maybe it's because my right brain is starting to wind down and reliquishes some control knowing sleep and my unconsciousness will engage autopilot for the night. Who knows. All I know is that I could have been a writer, had I only been able to stay in that zone of slight-slumber. Dang, no wonder I always wanted to fall asleep in creative writing class in school! If only I had, I would have had a better grade.

1 comments:

Robin said...

I'm sure it was a Star Wars or Star Trek guide book. :)