BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 14, 2009

Weight of the times

Like many people, weight is an issue that has slowly crept up to me after I turned 35 yrs old. I used to be 140 lbs and had a 29 waist size. My gradual increase to 173 lbs and 34 waist isn't a terrible increase but I would love to get rid of some of these little love handles and reign in the belly I inherited from my dad. I hate working out though. We've had gym memberships on and off as the years pass but to be honest even at the peak of usage it seemed we paid more than they were worth. Over the spring and summer I did pretty well. I was going 1-2 times a week (yeah that's pretty well for me) but now that we've trimmed our budget due to the recession it had to go. I'm not sad. It was a great excuse to stop going. Oh the pain of making myself speed walk for 45 minutes or use the weight machines for another 20 minutes. I will miss the crunch machine though. I got to where I could easily do 50-75 crunches at 50 lbs but honestly I didn't see any 6 pack abs starting to show so no matter what I did it seems my belly was just laughing at me about going through all that. How do I know it was laughing? You could see it jiggle.
Maybe it was my imagination but I swear it's winning this war of attrition with me. Or is it a war of nutrition? Anyway, looks like I'll need to find a better way to get some exercise. It may be better anyway, I like walking around outside and Maggie (dog) likes being taken for walks as well. With the cooler weather heading our way maybe I'll actually have the will to make myself get out and get some exercise. Then again, I wonder what TV shows are on.....

1 comments:

Robin said...

Wii fit...coming to a tv near you!! It's calling you...you know you want it...