BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 30, 2010

Home Alone

No it's not like the movie where I'm home alone and some clumsy criminals try to break in and rob us while I outwit them with made up booby traps. Besides, I will defend our big screen TV to the death!  It's the version where Robin and the kids are visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Missouri and I sensed the opportunity to accomplish some of the things that have been gathering dust on my to-do list.  The big ticket items were moving 2 ceiling fans from their respective rooms to other rooms and installing a new fan into a 3rd room.  It's not easy to do but well within my abilities.  In order to assist me in my home improvement I needed a tool.  Now Bob Villa always said and I'm a firm believer in "The Right Tool for the Right Job".  I've found that simple statement made by Bob many years ago to be true in many home improvement projects I've undertaken.  Well, here's the tool I found to make my recent projects go more smoothly.

DeWalt 7.2V Cordless Screwdriver
This made the job much more manageable and saved me a bunch a time.  The adjustable torque and light weight as well as battery life and easy handling proved to be just the right tool to help me finish my projects in one day.  The only thing I wish it had was a magnetized plate to hold onto screws while you are working and a slight magnetized drill bit to keep screws on the bit head.  Other than that this thing was great!  I also got it for $20 less than most places advertised.  Lowes had it for $60.  Score!!
Anyway, the projects got done in 1 day and although my back was protesting quite loudly that night and the next day a few motrin and some rest and I can take it easy now that I got some of the major items checked off my list.  I had 2 days to get a lot done and at the end of those 2 days I can enjoy the sense of accomplishment.  I cleaned the garage, defrosted the freezer, installed 3 fans and 1 new light switch and still had several other things completed.  All in all my weekend was a success in knocking out some big ticket items on my to-do list.  Honey, I'm ready for you and the kids to come back home!  



0 comments: